Salisbury, Maryland Car Accident Lawyers
Auto Accident Attorneys at Your Service
No one expects to be in a car accident, yet thousands happen across the United States every day. If you were recently in a bad crash that was not your fault, know that you are not alone and that you have your options when dealing with the many consequences and repercussions of the crash.
To start dealing with – and hopefully limiting – those consequences, you should speak with an experienced local car accident attorney as soon as possible. Our Salisbury car accident lawyers at Portner & Shure, P.A. have worked tirelessly on behalf of local residents for more than 25 years!
Before you choose us, evaluate the Four R’s of Legal Talent:
- Ratings: Multiple attorneys at Portner & Shure, P.A. have earned the highest possible rating – 10.0 Superb – on Avvo and Mr. Portner has been recognized by the Best Attorneys of America.
- Reviews: Our team has earned countless five-star reviews from previous clients.
- Results: We have recovered more than $300 million for our clients. Portner & Shure’s managing partner, Mr. Portner, is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocate Forum. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements.
- Recognition: In 2019 and 2020, the American Institute of Trial Lawyers named Mr. Portner the Litigator of the Year and the Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year. The prestigious awards recognize an attorney’s knowledge, skill, and success as an experienced litigator and personal injury lawyer. This is only one example of the many accolades the lawyers of our attorneys have earned based on their skills and successes.
Car accidents oftentimes result in both mental and physical suffering. While you work on getting better, let our team at Portner & Shure, P.A. in Salisbury take care of your case and protect your best interests.
Call (855) 954-4141 for a free consultation to discuss your legal options with our car accident lawyers.
5 Things You Should Do After a Car Accident
To achieve fair compensation for your injuries and damages, here is what you should do after a car accident:
- Call the police: Immediately after the accident occurs, call 911 if the collision caused injuries or severe vehicle damage that scattered debris into the road. Once on the scene, police typically take statements from witnesses, create a report, write down insurance information, evaluate fault, and prepare a record of the incident.
- Take pictures: Use your phone to take photographs immediately after the accident. Do not move your car unless it is unsafe for it to remain where it is.
- Identify witnesses: Speak with anyone who saw how the accident occurred. When talking to a witness be sure to obtain their contact information, including phone number, address, and email. Witnesses can prove pivotal in ensuring liability is accepted by the at-fault driver’s insurance carrier. The other driver may not be as honest, or cooperative, after speaking to their own insurance company.
- Collect necessary information: Take pictures or write down all relevant information. For example, make note of the other driver’s contact information, passenger information, license plate numbers, and details of the crash. Specifically, you should document the exact place of the incident, the traffic conditions, and the weather at the time of the accident.
- Seek medical attention: If you are injured, you should immediately go to the hospital, see a doctor, or visit your local urgent care. Even if you aren’t hurt, seeing a doctor is highly recommended to create a record of your injuries, which will be instrumental in your injury claim later. Tell your medical provider all of your concerns, symptoms, and injuries during your checkup or initial treatments.
Common Pitfalls After a Car Accident
After you are involved in a car accident, the adverse insurance company’s adjusters may try and speak to you. Do not talk to anyone from the other side’s insurance company. Of course, do not provide a recorded statement, either. These adjusters are in the business of reducing your recovery as much as possible.
If you say something that makes you even 1% at fault, the carrier will deny your claim.
The insurance company may call you and try to offer you a settlement. Do not accept any offers from the insurance company without first connecting with our car accident lawyers. The amount they offer will be lower than what is adequate to compensate you for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages.
Retain Our Attorneys to Pursue Your Claim
If you were injured in a car accident, you should retain an experienced local lawyer with a national reputation to assist you in obtaining just compensation. Portner & Shure, P.A. and our Salisbury car accident attorneys have obtained millions of dollars for our clients. We know how to get you the financial compensation you deserve. With an experienced litigation team on your side, you may be able to recover damages.
The most common types of damages sought in a car accident claim are:
- Medical expenses: Medical costs caused by accident, which are fair and reasonable. If you suffered a permanent injury, future medical expenses may be estimated and recoverable as well.
- Property damage: Tow and rental car expenses, in addition to repair costs, or the diminished value of your car.
- Lost wages: If you cannot return to work due to your accident, lost wages should be included in your personal injury claim. Our experienced litigation team will obtain disability information from your medical provider and loss of wage information from your employer.
- Non-economic damages: Including pain, inconvenience, and suffering damages. Your ability to recover non-economic damages is based on your attorney’s ability to articulate and understand how the accident affected your life at home and work. Our litigation team will discuss this with you in detail and advocate on your behalf.
Knowledge and experience provide leverage in a car accident claim. Utilize our 25 years of experience to your benefit. Attorneys Jonathan Portner and Simran Rahi are involved in all aspects of claim negotiations, so there is always someone by your side. Mr. Rahi previously worked as a trial attorney at one of the nation’s largest automobile insurance companies, giving him and our clients an advantage. He is also a proud member of the National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40.
Let our experienced litigation team help your family through this difficult time. To learn more about our team and legal services call (855) 954-4141 for a free consultation.