Frederick, Maryland Criminal Defense Attorney
Give Yourself a Fighting Chance in Court
Do not lose hope after being charged with a serious crime in Frederick, Maryland. Portner & Shure, P.A. and our criminal defense attorneys are here to protect you with our extensive legal experience that spans decades. We can work diligently to ensure that you receive the best possible results, be it a case dismissal, acquittal, or sentencing reduction. We will work tirelessly to minimize the damage your criminal charge causes to your criminal record, career, and family life.
Criminal charges from local and state-level law enforcement agencies are processed quickly. Trial dates approach rapidly and are hardly delayed. After being charged with a crime, you need to immediately hire a top Frederick, Maryland criminal defense lawyer – and we suggest you go with our trusted team!
Let’s start your defense now. Call (855) 954-4141 or contact us online.
Criminal Cases We Handle In Frederick
In Frederick, Maryland, as well as the rest of Maryland, D.C, and Virginia, Portner & Shure defends clients in cases involving:
- Drug Possession and Distribution
- Gun Charges
- Theft / Shoplifting
- Speeding, Reckless, Traffic Violations
- DUI / DWI
- Assault / Battery
- Domestic Violence
Get more information about the charges we can defend against by viewing this brief video:
Can Portner & Shure, P.A. Help If I Violated My Probation?
Yes, we absolutely can assist probation violation clients. Our Frederick criminal defense attorneys have diligently defended individuals who violated their probation for a variety of reasons, including honest mistakes. Importantly, even if we were not your attorney in the original criminal case, we can assist you now. A loss at a violation of probation (VOP) hearing grants the court the right to impose the underlying sentence, so you need to take this hearing seriously.
What Will Portner & Shure, P.A. Do For My Criminal Defense?
Our goal is to get you the best possible results in your case. We care for our clients, their families, and their future. It is that simple.
We can take the following steps in your criminal defense:
- We offer a free consultation to discuss your case.
We will meet with you in person or do the consultation by phone.
- We have a fully staffed office in Frederick, Maryland.
- We will gather all relevant information including the state’s file on your arrest.
- We will be available for any questions or concerns you may have.
We will construct your defense.
- Your defense depends largely on the state’s file and what information you tell us.
- Your defense may include self-defense or consent.
We will work with you to develop arguments for mitigation.
- Arguments for mitigation include reasons why you should not be convicted or incarcerated based on things you did before the hearing.
- The steps you took before the hearing may include counseling, AA, alcohol or drug treatment, driver improvement class, or community service.
- Mitigation also includes bringing a character witness, employee, or supervisor, and detailing any military service you may have completed, your education, and your job status.
What If English Is Not My First Language?
At Portner & Shure, P.A., we have extensive resources to assist individuals who do not speak English as their first language. We not only use interpreters, but we also have bilingual paralegals who speak Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), Vietnamese, Korean, and Spanish. We assure you that our staff can meet your unique needs and bring you the most convenient legal representation.
Why Hire Us for Your Criminal Case?
For more than two decades, we have successfully defended individuals in criminal cases in Frederick. We have obtained excellent results, countless 5-star reviews, superb ratings, and national recognition for the work we have done for our criminal defense clients. We understand the importance of properly defending a client in a criminal case, and we take our job very seriously. Allow us the privilege of taking care of your legal troubles so you can focus on your future.
To schedule a free consultation, call (855) 954-4141 and speak with our Frederick criminal defense attorneys. Expect More – Portner & Shure, P.A.