Defective Product Lawyers in Maryland, Virginia & Washington, D.C.
Holding Manufacturers Accountable
In the relationship between consumer and product manufacturer, there is a level of trust that the products created and sold are safe. It’s the manufacturer’s responsibility to ensure that their goods and services meet accepted standards for quality and safety. When they fail to meet these qualifications, they break that trust with consumers and potentially provide people with unsafe goods.
At Portner & Shure, we believe that you as a consumer shouldn’t have to worry whether or not a product may harm you. In the event that occurs, our highly-skilled lawyers have experience dealing with defective product cases and will fight on your behalf to pursue fair compensation for any serious injuries sustained as a result of an unsafe product.
If you or someone you love has been injured due to a defective product, contact us today at one of our offices by calling (855) 954-4141 for your free consultation.
Causes of Defective Products
There are many causes of defective products, as nearly anything you buy can have a flaw in some way. Defective products can be extremely hazardous and may cause serious injuries or even wrongful death, all because the manufacturer was negligent in distributing a dangerous product.
While the range of these types of cases can be extensive, a defective product generally falls within three categories:
- Defective manufacturing: One of the most common causes of defective products is when a product has a flaw that occurred during the manufacturing process. This flaw makes the product different than what it is supposed to be, which can cause you injury. Examples of this type of case would be buying a moped with missing breaks or a cough medicine that contained a dangerous substance.
- Defective design: This happens when an entire product line’s design is inherently dangerous or defective in some way and causes you injury. Examples would include buying a car that flips over during turns or an electric blanket that electrocutes you during proper use.
- Failure to adequately warn or instruct: This happens when a manufacturer creates a product but fails to place proper warnings or instructions on the product, which then causes you injury. This can occur if a prescription doesn’t include a warning about mixing with other medications or if key elements of instructions are missing for safe handling and use.
Understanding these three areas will help you determine if you have a defective product case. If you believe that a product has caused your injury due to one of these three areas, the next step is building your defective product claim.
Elements of a Defective Product Claim
If you believe you have a defective product claim, our experienced lawyers at Portner & Shure can help you build your case. There are many elements that need to be shown to have a successful defective product case. We’ll go over each of those elements to make sure that your case is viable, and then pursue the rightful amount of compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering.
The key elements that need to be shown include:
- The product in question was defective
- You suffered injury or other damages
- It was the defect that caused your injury
- You were using the product properly and in its intended manner
Damages We Can Pursue
When you’re injured because of a defective product you are entitled to damages relating to the extent of your injury. Our skillful lawyers can pursue compensatory and punitive damages to help you get back to the life you had before your injury.
When it’s been determined that the defective product caused your injury, we can seek damages for:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation bills
- Cost of disability
- Lost wages from missed work
- Property loss or repair
- Pain and suffering
Contact an Experienced Defective Product Lawyer Today
Defective product cases can be complex and hard to prove. Manufacturers, or other responsible party, do not want to place themselves in the position of liability regarding dangerous products and will do what they can to discredit your claim. That’s why it’s important to have knowledgeable defective product lawyers on your side who understand this area of law and will fight to make sure you’re taken care of in your time of need.
If you have been seriously injured by a defective product, contact us today at (855) 954-4141 for a free consultation. Our injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, which means that we don't get paid until you do.
“Guided me with the RFE process”- D.N.S.
“It worked out great”- E.N.
“With my utmost respect I give thanks to you both.”- A.A.
We have offices in Maryland, Virginia & Washington, D.C.
We are top-10 rated lawyers.
We have received countless 5-star Google & Facebook reviews.
We have recovered over $300 million on behalf of our clients.
We offer legal representation in Spanish, Korean & Chinese languages.
We have aggressive litigation tactics, skill, and passion.
When you hire Portner & Shure, you can expect more from your representation. In addition to getting an attorney, you will get a committed advocates you has your best interests at heart.