Maryland, Virginia & Washington DC Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
Discuss Your Case with Our Experienced Attorneys
Drunk driving accidents often result in serious injuries or even fatalities due to impaired drivers' reckless behavior. In the aftermath of such an incident, victims and their families may be left facing medical expenses, lost wages, emotional trauma, and other damages. Pursuing a legal claim against a drunk driver is imperative to hold them accountable and obtain compensation to help rebuild your life.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a drunk driving accident, you understand the devastating impact it can have on your life. At Portner & Shure, P.A., we are committed to helping victims of drunk driving accidents seek justice and obtain the compensation they deserve. As experienced and compassionate drunk driving accident lawyers, we understand the complexities of these cases and are dedicated to protecting the rights of our clients in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D.C.
What Happens in a Drunk Driving Accident Case?
An individual who is arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) and who then causes a car accident that injures or kills another person may be held liable for those injuries or damages.
To hold a drunk driver accountable, you will need to prove that the driver was negligent by showing that the driver owed you a duty of care and that the driver breached that duty by acting carelessly or recklessly. In drunk driving accident cases, the driver's blood alcohol content (BAC) is often used as evidence of negligence.
Additionally, you will likely be dealing with an insurance company that wants to limit its liability. Insurance companies are not in business to pay claims; they are in business to make a profit. Our drunk driving accident lawyers in Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland know how insurance companies operate and how to effectively counter their arguments. We have the resources necessary to effectively represent you in your claim.
Why Choose Our Firm to Represent You?
Having a skilled drunk driving accident lawyer on your side can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. At Portner & Shure, P.A., our legal team has extensive experience in handling these complex cases.
Our legal team provides the following services for drunk driving accident victims in Maryland, Washington DC, and Virginia:
- Investigation and Gathering Evidence: Our first step in building a strong drunk driving accident case is conducting a thorough investigation. This includes gathering police reports, accident reconstruction experts' assessments, witness statements, and any available surveillance or dashcam footage. Additionally, we may seek information from the bar or establishment where the drunk driver was served alcohol, as they may also bear responsibility under dram shop laws.
- Proving Liability: To establish liability in a drunk driving accident case, we must demonstrate that the driver was operating their vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs, resulting in the accident and subsequent injuries. Our legal team will meticulously review the evidence to strengthen your case and show the negligent actions of the drunk driver.
- Calculating Damages: As experienced drunk driving accident lawyers, we understand the immense physical, emotional, and financial toll these accidents can take on victims and their families. Our team will work closely with you and medical experts to accurately assess the full extent of your damages. This may include medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other related losses.
- Negotiating with Insurance Companies: Insurance companies may attempt to settle drunk driving accident claims quickly and for less than what victims truly deserve. However, we will not let them take advantage of you. At Portner & Shure, P.A., we are skilled negotiators who will fight fiercely on your behalf. We will strive to reach a fair settlement, but if the insurance company is unwilling to offer fair compensation, we are fully prepared to take your case to court.
- Compassionate Legal Representation: Our legal team understands the emotional turmoil that drunk driving accident victims and their families endure. We are not only committed to providing top-notch legal representation but also offering compassionate support throughout the legal process. You can trust us to be there for you every step of the way, addressing your concerns, and guiding you toward a brighter future.
“Portner & Shure are top of the line.”- Former Client
“They will not disappoint you.”- Former Client
“I highly recommend.”- D.D.
We offer legal representation in Spanish.
We have aggressive litigation tactics, skill, and passion.
We have offices in Maryland, Virginia & Washington, D.C.
Over 30 Years of Experience Serving Clients
We have received countless 5-star Google & Facebook reviews.
We have recovered over $400 million on behalf of our clients.
When you hire Portner & Shure, you can expect more from your representation. In addition to getting an attorney, you will get a committed advocates you has your best interests at heart.