Columbia, MD Immigration Attorneys
Proudly Representing individuals and their families to work and live in the united states
Portner & Shure, P.A. has a team of experience attorneys that can help you and your family in your immigration journey to the United States. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) might not make things easy for you. We are here to assist you in designing the best possible legal strategy for success in your particular case.
Take the first step and come to visit Portner & Shure, P.A. in Columbia, Maryland. Our immigration attorneys are committed to carefully assessing your case, review any necessary documentation, and design the next steps.. We are result oriented and always focusing on finding the optimal solution under the circumstances of each case no matter how complex.
We are committed to analyzing your case in detail and designing with you the best strategy. You can call us to schedule an initial consultation with one of our immigration attorneys. We can assist you in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese. We are also available to accommodate video calls with family members abroad, if necessary.
On This Page:
- Visas to the United States
- Family-Based Immigration
- Humanitarian Cases- Citizenship & Naturalization
- Deportation Defense
- Asylum Law
See how we can help with your immigration case in Columbia, MD. Call (410) 505-8211. Our team speaks English, Spanish, Chinese Korean, and Vietnamese.
The Columbia, MD immigration attorneys of Portner & Shure, P.A. are here to help you navigate your application for a visa into the United States. You can depend on us if you need a nonimmigrant visa or an immigrant visa, which are the two parent categories for dozens of different visas. Every case is different, and it is important to determine your eligibility before investing any time and money in the process.
Our team of immigration attorneys can assist you in the preparation and filing of your request for an immigrant visa or certain types of immigrant visas. Specifically, we can provide you with guidance and walk you through this sometimes long and tedious process.
- An Immigrant Visa to the U.S. is issued to a foreign national to work and live permanently in the country. Generally, the applicant has been petitioned by a relative or a sponsoring employer in the U.S. This process requires detailed information and documentation to be submitted with the National Visa Center (NVC) and the U.S. Consulate abroad in which the applicant plans to interview for his or her Immigrant Visa.
- A Non-Immigrant Visa to the U.S. is issued to a foreign national to come temporarily to the country for tourism, business, medical treatment and some specific types of temporary work.
Some of the visa cases that we handle the most often include the following and more:
- B-1/B-2 visas for business visitors and tourists
- K-1 visas for fiancé(e)s set to marry U.S. citizens
- IR1 or CR1 visas for spouses of U.S. citizens
- J exchange visitors
- R Religious worker
Portner & Shure, P.A. is proud to be the first choice for families in Columbia, Maryland, who want to bring a family member from abroad into the country. We would be happy to walk you through the process efficiently to avoid any unnecessary delays so you and your family can all be together in the United States.
We can help you with the following and more in your family-based immigration case:
- Review your family member’s immigration eligibility for legal relief
- Design the best strategy for success
- Prepare and file the necessary request with USCIS
- Monitor and answer any inquiries from USCIS
- Follow-up with any necessary filings and make sure USCIS complies with processing times
- Update you often as your case progresses
To become a U.S. citizen, you will need to go through the naturalization process, which is only available to legal permanent residents that meet certain eligibility requirements. This process can seem intimidating, but Portner & Shure, P.A. and our Columbia, MD immigration attorneys are here to walk you through it. We are confident that you’ll be prepared for your naturalization test when the day comes.
We can help with your citizenship case by:
- Determine your eligible to apply for naturalization
- Determine if you are exempt from the English language requirement and/or exempt from the test
- Preparing you for the naturalization civic test and related interview with USCIS
- Providing legal support however you need it, so the entire process is less stressful
The threat of deportation is frightening, especially if you don’t even know why it is happening. When you are placed in removal proceedings, you must act quickly to see what your available defenses are and prepare accordingly with the best possible legal team by your side. You may have overstayed your visa or perhaps you entered the country without authorization. Sometimes even a lawful permanent resident can be placed in removal proceedings. Timely filing of applications for relief, strong arguments with the court, and the right advocate in the immigration courtroom are key.
Portner & Shure, P.A. would be honored to help you and your family in your defense against removal proceedings and avoid deportation. We can assist you with the Baltimore Immigration court from our office in Columbia, Maryland.
Deportation relief forms can include:
- Special Immigrant Visa eligibility
- Adjustment of Status with the immigration judge
- Request for prosecutorial discretion
- Asylum, Withholding of Removal and Convention Against Torture
- Cancellation of Removal for Legal Permanent Residents
- Request for Voluntary Departure
- Waivers of Inadmissibility
Portner & Shure, P.A. has large experience representing individuals and their families when seeking affirmative or defensive asylum in the United States. If you have suffered past persecution or have a well-founded fear to suffer harm in your home country on account of your race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or for being member of a minority group, you may have the ability to seek protection here in the U.S. You can seek asylum with the Asylum Office or with the immigration court if you were placed in removal proceedings.
Our Columbia, MD, asylum attorneys will assist you in preparing the strongest case possible, organizing your evidence and practicing a strong testimony. While you wait for your asylum claim to be reviewed, you may be eligible for employment authorization as well as your family. We will assist you in the process so you can benefit from this anciliary benefit.
Asylum law is complex, and it is important to have a good understanding of the precedent and the country conditions you had suffered from. At Portner & Shure, P.A. we treat each case with the rigor and detail it deserves, only representing claims with merits and strong chances of approval. Do not jeopardize your chances of gaining asylum in the U.S. by filing late or not properly, you should only proceed with the guidance of our Columbia, MD asylum attorneys.
Making Sense of Your Case – Call Now
An experienced Columbia, Maryland immigration lawyer from Portner & Shure, P.A. can help you to apply for any immigration legal relief in a timely and efficient manner. Our goal is to help you save time by avoiding unnecessary application delays, so your immigration case can conclude as soon as possible. With our 25+ years of collective legal experience, we are confident we can do just that and so much more.
“They will not disappoint you.”- Former Client
“I highly recommend.”- D.D.
“Great experience!”- Former Client
We have offices in Maryland, Virginia & Washington, D.C.
We are top-10 rated lawyers.
We have received countless 5-star Google & Facebook reviews.
We have recovered over $350 million on behalf of our clients.
We offer legal representation in Spanish, Korean & Chinese languages.
We have aggressive litigation tactics, skill, and passion.
When you hire Portner & Shure, you can expect more from your representation. In addition to getting an attorney, you will get a committed advocates you has your best interests at heart.