FREDERICK, MARYLAND IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY
Standing for People from All Countries
If you have been living in the U.S. for many years and received a notice to appear in immigration court for removal proceedings, you may need a proper defense to fight your deportation. Depending on the details of your immigration status, you could be eligible for cancellation of removal to stop your deportation. Cancellation of removal is a form of deportation relief only available if you are placed in removal proceedings, and only if your case is handled correctly.
If your cancellation of removal case is approved, you will receive a green card, or you are able to keep your green card if you had one before being placed in removal proceedings. Our Frederick immigration lawyers would be happy to be the legal team you trust to move through this process successfully. We have years of experience with cancellation of removal cases managed for people from all walks of life.
Call us at (240) 770-0509 or contact us online for more information.
Cancellation of Removal as a Green Card Holder
If you are a lawful permanent resident, meaning you have a green card, but you are in removal proceedings because of a criminal conviction, you may be eligible for cancellation of removal.
Your eligibility will depend on the following requirements:
- You have had your permanent residency status for at least 5 years at the time of application filing;
- You have continually lived in the United States for at least 7 years after being admitted in any status;
- You have not been convicted of an aggravated felony;
- You have not applied for cancellation of removal (212c) in the past; and
- You have good reasons for why your green card should be preserved.
Cancellation of Removal for People Without Lawful Status (Undocumented)
If you are facing deportation and are in the U.S. without legal status, you may be eligible to apply for cancellation of removal still.
Your eligibly will depend on if you can prove to the immigration court the following:
- You have been living in the U.S. for at least 10 years prior to receiving notice of removal;
- You have been a person of good moral character during your time in the U.S.;
- You have not had any convictions involving offenses involving moral turpitude; and
- Your removal will cause exceptional and extremely unusual hardship extreme hardship for a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident who is an immediate family member.
Guidance from Our Friendly Attorneys
When applying for cancellation of removal or any other deportation defense, having an experienced immigration lawyer is necessary to increase your chances of a favorable decision. If you or a loved one has been placed in removal proceedings or needs assistance with any other immigration matter, our experienced Frederick immigration lawyers can help.
Contact Portner & Shure, P.A. today for all your immigration needs.
Learn more about the citizenship process and how else our law firm can help you with an immigration case by watching this brief video on our YouTube channel.
“I highly recommend this firm”- Celina
“They are very professional people.”- Former Client
“They are excellent professionals.”- Former Client
We offer legal representation in English, Spanish, Hindi, Korean, Vietnamese, & Chinese languages.
We have aggressive litigation tactics, skill, and passion.
We have offices in Maryland, Virginia & Washington, D.C.
Over 30 Years of Experience Serving Clients
We have received countless 5-star Google & Facebook reviews.
We have recovered over $400 million on behalf of our clients.
When you hire Portner & Shure, you can expect more from your representation. In addition to getting an attorney, you will get a committed advocates you has your best interests at heart.