Vienna, Virginia Product Liability Attorney
Hurt by a Defective Product? Talk to Our Firm
People purchase products with the reasonable expectation that it will work safely. This expectation is shattered when a person is injured due to the product being defective or inherently dangerous. Rather than wanting a refund, an injured consumer should demand compensation through legal action.
Knowledgeable and skilled legal representation can help you overcome the legally and factually complex nature of a product liability case. The award-winning product liability attorneys at Portner & Shure, P.A. in Vienna, Virginia can help you get a clear understanding of your rights as an injured consumer. Together, we can take on any sized product maker, seek compensation for your damages, and help protect other consumers from the same harm you have suffered.
Call (703) 291-3263 right away to start your claim.
How a Product Can Be Dangerous
There are three distinct ways that a product can become dangerous:
- Defective design: A product may have a design flaw that makes it dangerous. The consequence of this type of defect is severe as all the products sold with this same design may be dangerous.
- Defective manufacturing: A product may be dangerous due to the way it was built or because of the certain ingredients or components used to complete it.
- Defective marketing: A product may be dangerous because sufficient warnings or instructions regarding its use were not provided to consumers.
Building a Product Liability Case in Vienna, Virginia
A victim may have a valid product liability case if the product was defectively designed, manufactured, or marketed. As a claimant, you must show that at the time of your injury, you were using the product safely and properly. Finally, you must show that the defect was the cause of your injury.
Did the injury occur due to a design or manufacturing defect? Were sufficient instructions or warnings provided? Did the manufacturer conduct sufficient testing or inspections of the product or the materials used in its manufacture? Our attorneys will ask all of these questions to try to figure out what went wrong and how to use that knowledge to place liability on the product maker.
Virginia Laws Regarding Defective Products
Virginia law requires a product to be reasonably safe for its intended purposes and reasonably safe for its foreseeable uses. The law requires a manufacturer to consider potential foreseeable misuses of the product by consumers and adjust the product to prevent those misuses or at least mitigate the potential damage misuse can cause.
There are two ways a product manufacturer can be held liable in Virginia:
- General theory of negligence: A victim must prove that the manufacturer owed a duty of care, a breach of that care occurred, and that the breach caused their injuries. With regards to duty and breach, a manufacturer may be liable if they failed to properly inspect, test, or market their product.
- Theory of breach of warranty: A victim must prove that their injury occurred due to a breach of warranty made by the manufacturer or seller. A warranty can either be express (clearly written or stated) or implied (an expectation that the product is not unreasonably dangerous).
Injuries & Compensation
Defective products often result in severe injuries that may require surgery to correct. You can pursue full compensation for all of your medical bills if you are hurt by a defective product. You can also demand payment for your undue pain and suffering, which could be permanent depending on the severity of your injuries.
Defenses Product Makers Might Try
Manufacturers deny responsibility for a variety of reasons. They often claim that the victim was misusing the product, which caused their injuries. They might say that the way the victim was using the product was not foreseeable. As these cases are legally complex and some of these defenses can be legally sound, it is advised that you use the legal representation of our experienced Vienna, Virginia product liability attorneys.
Let Us Represent You in Your Fight Against a Product Maker
There are plenty of defective products in the news each year, and you can be certain that product makers and their insurers try to fight any claims that arise because of them. Before you go head-to-head with a major corporation, team up with Portner & Shure, P.A. Our Vienna product liability lawyers are ready to fight for you!
Want our help? Please call (703) 291-3263 or contact us online.
“Mr. Pablo and his team were very friendly and knowledgeable”- Jamie
“Impressed with My Attorney Mr. Rahi's Efficiency”- Jose
“Excellent at What They Do, Very Kind and Efficient”- Nicole
We offer legal representation in Spanish.
We have aggressive litigation tactics, skill, and passion.
We have offices in Maryland, Virginia & Washington, D.C.
Over 30 Years of Experience Serving Clients
We have received countless 5-star Google & Facebook reviews.
We have recovered over $400 million on behalf of our clients.
When you hire Portner & Shure, you can expect more from your representation. In addition to getting an attorney, you will get a committed advocates you has your best interests at heart.