Alexandria Motorcycle Accident Attorney
A motorcycle accident can be truly catastrophic. Motorcycle accident victims typically suffer extensive injuries that require long-term medical treatment.
Insurance companies consistently deny motorcycle claims. Unfair stereotypes about motorcyclists are pervasive in the industry. These unfair stereotypes mean that insurance companies consistently try to shift the blame onto the victim.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, let our award-winning Alexandria motorcycle accident lawyers make your life easier. We will work tirelessly to obtain the compensation you are owed so that you can focus on healing.
In our 25 years of experience representing injured accident victims throughout Northern Virginia, we have obtained more than $300 million on behalf of our injured clients. Insurance companies know us and know that we pursue every claim to the fullest. We are skilled advocates and do not back down from a challenge.
See our reputation for client-centered service in action. Call (855) 954-4141 or submit an online contact form to get started.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The number of motorcycle accidents in Virginia is on the rise, according to the Virginia Highway Safety Office and the Department of Motor Vehicles. This data indicates a 22% increase in motorcycle fatalities when comparing year to year. Even seemingly minor motorcycle accidents can prove fatal for riders, resulting in a potential wrongful death claim.
The circumstances of each accident are different. Even the most experienced riders cannot always anticipate the behavior of other drivers. In Virginia, a motorcycle accident victim is required to prove that the other driver was negligent, and this negligence caused the accident.
The top causes of motorcycle accidents in Virginia include:
- Drivers failing to look/yield while turning left: Motorcycle accidents consistently occur when drivers attempt to turn left at an intersection and fail to notice the motorcyclist, thereby cutting in front of the motorcyclist and causing a crash. A driver’s failure to yield to oncoming traffic can mean terrible consequences for motorcyclists.
- Improper lane changes: Far too many motorcycle accidents are the result of drivers failing to check their blind spot before changing lanes. Even if a driver does believe they checked their blind spot, motorcycles are consistently overlooked given their small size.
- Rear-end collisions: Unfortunately, drivers are less attuned to brake indicators on a motorcycle. This means that drivers fail to notice a rider is slowing down, do not have enough time to brake, and smash into the motorcycle.
- Speeding: By failing to drive at a speed appropriate for the circumstances, drivers place motorcyclists in a precarious position. Riders must attempt to obey the rules of the road and drive defensively. However, when other drivers speed around curves and push past motorcyclists, accidents occur.
- Failing to yield: Although everyone is required to know the rules of the road, people seemingly forget. Motorcycles are entitled to the same deference owed to other drivers, and this includes yielding the right of way when appropriate.
- Reckless or aggressive driving: Motorcycle riders are particularly vulnerable to the negligent actions of other drivers on the road. The negligence of another driver, be it texting, speeding, or driving while fatigued, can mean fatal consequences to an innocent motorcyclist.
Serious Yet Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle collisions habitually mean horrendous injuries. Riders have minimal protection, even when abiding by Virginia law and wearing a helmet, as compared to those driving large cars and trucks. Consequently, motorcyclists sustain the brunt of the accident most of the time.
Some of the most common injuries for motorcycle riders include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Head and face injuries
- Broken bones
- Dental injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Scrapes, lacerations, friction burns, and road rash
Based on the severity of the injuries, motorcyclists may require extensive medical care, ongoing physical therapy, and endure continued pain and suffering. Fortunately, in Virginia, injured riders can seek compensation in the form of both economic and non-economic damages. This means that an injured motorcyclist is entitled to compensation for past and future medical expenses, lost wages, and the trauma and pain they have endured due to the accident.
If you or a loved one was killed in a motorcycle accident because of another driver’s negligence, call our office today at (855) 954-4141 to discuss your options.
Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Alexandria
In the immediate aftermath of a motorcycle accident, the last thing on your mind is a lawsuit. Our Alexandria motorcycle accident attorneys will take this burden off of your back. We will pursue justice on your behalf and work to ensure that the negligent party is held responsible for their careless and reckless behavior.
Our compassionate attorneys are zealous advocates for our clients. You can rest assured that your case is in experienced and award-winning hands. Our reputation is exemplified in our numerous awards, successful case results, and consistent five-star reviews from prior clients. If our firm can be of help to your family during this time of need, we would be privileged to do so.
There is no harm in reaching out to a member of our team to discuss your case. Portner & Shure, P.A. accepts no attorney fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf. Give us a call today at(855) 954-4141 or contact us online.
“Working with Portner & Shure was a best decision I made.”- Former Client
“I really do appreciate it”- Former Client
“Communicative, supportive and patient!”- Former Client
We have offices in Maryland, Virginia & Washington, D.C.
We are top-10 rated lawyers.
We have received countless 5-star Google & Facebook reviews.
We have recovered over $350 million on behalf of our clients.
We offer legal representation in Spanish, Korean & Chinese languages.
We have aggressive litigation tactics, skill, and passion.
When you hire Portner & Shure, you can expect more from your representation. In addition to getting an attorney, you will get a committed advocates you has your best interests at heart.