Virginia Criminal Defense Attorney | Silly Virginia LawsAuthor: Portner & Shure
There are countless outdated laws still on the books today. Below are some of the strangest laws in Virginia that have never been repealed:
- Bribery is prohibited by all persons except political candidates.
- Citizens must honk their horns when passing other cars.
- Children are prohibited from trick or treating on Halloween.
- It is illegal to tickle women.
- It is illegal to hunt any animal on Sundays, except Raccoons. Raccoons may be hunted until 2:00 a.m.
- In Norfolk, it is illegal to spit on a seagull. This behavior will not be tolerated.
- It is illegal to keep a skunk as a pet.
- It is illegal to park a car on railroad tracks.