Experienced Criminal Defense LawyersAuthor: Portner & Shure
At Portner & Shure, P.A., we believe that everyone has the right to justice and fair representation. This holds true for those accused of committing a crime as well. We understand just how damaging these accusations can be to your life, reputation, and well-being. That’s why we provide criminal defense to those in need of help during these times of uncertainty.
Our experienced criminal defense lawyers have extensive experience and have been practicing law for over 25 years in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. Because we have offices in each of these states we understand the local, state, and federal laws that pertain to each area. We assure that when we take your case, we’ll provide a dynamic defense on your behalf to help prove your innocence beyond a reasonable doubt.
If you’ve been accused of a crime we can help. The attorneys at Portner & Shure have experience in many criminal defense practice areas, including:
- Burglary and robbery: This includes first, second, third, and fourth-degree offenses
- Drug charges: This includes possession, manufacturing and distribution, and paraphernalia
- Theft: This may include embezzlement, grand larceny, petit larceny, and general theft offenses
- Assault and battery: This includes first and second-degree assault offenses
- Serious traffic violations: Including reckless driving and negligent driving
- Prostitution: Including the solicitation of prostitution and the act of prostitution
- Drunk driving: This includes DUI and DWI offenses
We also have experience with those suspected of committing violent crimes and probation violation. It’s important to remember that even if you’ve been accused of a crime that you still have rights as an individual. Whether you’ve been accused of a misdemeanor or a felony, you have rights under the U.S. Constitution to representation and a fair trial. These rights include:
- The right to an attorney
- The right to not incriminate oneself
- The right to a quick and public trial
- The right to make an appeal
Not only do we have the experience you need in a competent defense attorney, but we also employ staff members who speak various languages so that we can help you even if English is not your first language. We have staff members who speak Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, and Korean to help you.
If you’ve been accused of a crime and are in need of quality, a professional representation that will take your case seriously and fight for your rights, please contact us today for a free consultation at (855) 954-4141. We serve clients throughout Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.