Anesthesia negligence is a form of medical malpractice in which an anesthesiologist causes serious injury or death to their patient due to mistakes made. In these types of cases, the medical practitioner failed to provide an adequate standard of care to the patient.
Anesthesia is commonly administered before surgical procedures. Any time anesthesia is used, there is a risk of complications. Common types of anesthesia errors include:
- Administering too much of the anesthetic drugs
- Administering anesthetics to a person with allergies
- Use of defective medical devices and equipment during the administration of anesthesia
- Failure to properly instruct a patient prior to anesthesia
- Failure to properly monitor a patient during the anesthesia process
If you or a family member has suffered injury or death due to an anesthesia error, the experienced medical malpractice attorneys at Portner & Shure can position you for a successful claim. Call us today at (410) 995-1515 or (301) 854-9000 in Maryland, (703) 734-8790 in Virginia or (202) 554-1449 in Washington, D.C., for a free case review.